lunes, 29 de junio de 2015

Unit 3 Your Free Time. Basic English Practice






Ulacit
Basic English Practice
Unit 3 Your Free Time

A. Change the sentences given to negative.

1.Carlos works in the city.
Carlos doesn´t work in the city.

2. On Thursdays we watch movies at night.
On Thursdays we don´t watch movies at night.

3. I do a lot of things in my free time.
I don´t do a lot of things in my free time.

4. My parents have lunch at a Chinese restaurant on Saturdays.
They don´t have lunch  at a Chinese restaurant on Saturdays.

5. She sends a text message to me.
She doesn´t send a text message to me.

6.We listen to music on our way home.
We don´t listen to music on our way home.

7.He goes to to the gym every day.
He doesn´t go to the gym every day.

8.They meet at the office at 1:00 pm.
They don´t meet at the office at 1:00 pm.


B. Use the information given to write complete sentences with can or can´t. Use a different subject in each sentence.

1.swim in the ocean(-)
I can´t swim in the ocean.

2.do karate(+)
I can do karate.

3.play the guitar(?)
Can you play the guitar?

4.go running (-)
I can´t go running.

5.do yoga (+)
She can do yoga.

6.speak French (?)
Can you speak French?

7. run 42 miles (?)
Can you run 42 miles?

8.write a paragraph (+)
She can write a paragraph.




C. Read the following situation and write one suggestion for each one. Use Let´s...,Why don´t you....?, How about....?


1. I need to make a phone call.
Let´s make a phone call.

2.I would like to have some free time.
Why don´t you have some free time?

3. I love dancing salsa.
Let´s go to dance salsa.

4.My car has a flat tire.
How about changins the tire?

5. I have a pain in my back.
Let´s go to see a doctor.

6.I really enjoy taking pictures of my friends, but my camera is broken.
Why don´t you buy another camera?



D. Answer the following questions based on your experiences.

1. What can you do in the morning?
I can do exercises, but I can´t swim.

2. Can your family have dinner together on weekends?
Yes, they can have dinner together on weekends, but they can´t travel together.

3.Can your classmates introduce themselves in class?
Yes, they can introduce themselves in class, but they can´t speak English.

4. Where can you exercise every day?
I can exercise every day in the park, but I can´t drive because  I don´t have a car.

5. Can you tell your classmates your daily routines?
Yes, I can.



































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario